Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Stay a while and listen.

Wow its been a good long minute since I posted something here.  Unfortunately for the wow folks (not that I had WoW folks) this isn't about wow.

For those who've been under a rock, there is this little game called Diablo III and it came about earlier today.  I've played about 7 hours worth of the game and am in love with it.  There is a problem with the game though.  Its online only and, well, the servers are a bit wonky.  Now, is this something that bothers me?  Not really.  The game is mine now.  It will be there for me when the servers go back up.  Am I mad it's had some problems?  Nope, I expected them.  Will I rage I can't play?  Nope, because I don't really mind a bit more of a wait on a game I have been looking forward to.

So why am I bringing this up?

Honestly, it has nothing to do with my personal feelings on the matter.  I think the game is great and I don't mind having to wait for them to get things stable.  What makes be bring it up is the high amount of nerd rage on the Blizzard forums for refunds and so on and so forth for things that are known and announced issues.  Some I do understand.  Some people are having installation issues.  Are they Blizzard's problems?  I have no idea.  I have never really had a problem with a digital download I couldn't fix on my own with a little brain power and reading.  I could understand the frustration such a problem could present though.  Is it a reason to flip out and throw profanity around like rice at a wedding?  Not in my opinion.  Things would go a lot smoother if people would calm down a bit and post problems in a better manner.

example 1:  BLAHGR.  THIS IS THE WORST PIECE OF SHIT GAME OF THE FUCKING FACE OF THE FUCKING UNIVERSE.  BLIZZARD YOU ARE ASSHAT FAILURES GIMME MY MOTHER FUCKING MONEY BACK.  I WANT A REFUND YOUR SHIT DOESN'T WORK.  I WASN'T GIVEN WHAT THE FUCK I WAS PROMISED.  I HOPE YOU ALL ROT IN HELL WITH THIS DOWNLOADER THAT DOESN'T MOVE PAST 70 FUCKING %.  I DEMAND YOUR ATTENTION RIGHT THE FUCK NOW EVEN THOUGH YOUR PEOPLE ARE ALREADY WORKING ON IT.  THEY AREN'T WOKING ON MY COMPUTER DAMN IT!

Ahem *clears throat from raging*

Example 2: I pre-ordered the game some days ago and I've never been able to get the thing running.  It's stuck at 70% for the digital download and I am at a lost as to what to do about it. (list of things tried)
Maybe you could offer people like myself a refund or possibly a disk copy of the game to make up for this issue if its on your end.  It's really disappointing how poorly this release has gone so far.  I hope you are able to resolve the issues soon I was really looking forward to this.

Now dear reader, which would you rather respond to?  Better yet, which of these is more likely to get a helpful response.  The people that work on these things are indeed still people.  You can't get help if they dont know your problem.  You will not get help if your information, no matter how detailed, is surrounded in hateful venomous speech.  Why waste your time and somebody else's day on being hateful?  I have never understood this method of thinking.

No I am not a Blizz fan girl.  Does the server issue irritate me?  Sure it does.  I want to play too.  I just dont see how giving yourself a stroke raging is going to make the game work any faster.  I say get something cool to drink., read a book or something, go for a walk, hell take a nap.  Calm down and let things flow.  Life is far too short to get pissy about stupid things.  Especially a video game and is on launch day.

No comments:

Post a Comment