Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What Edy Would Like To See

As the next expansion looms in the near future all the new changes have people a titter with thoughts of what could and will be (no more hunter mana HUZZAH), I've found myself thinking that while those things are awesome I would like more. Now its not game mechanics I am really all that concerned with as I will have my hands full learning the ends and outs of my beloved hunter tree, but more "simple" wish I find myself resting on. I have spoken about my prior MMO experience with City of Heroes and I have dabbled in a few other free titles for giggles and I find WoW the more enjoyable but even so that doesn't mean there aren't things I would like to see improved upon.

I like pretty things. That said I do love the look of WoW considering that Blizzard has managed to keep the game playable on underpowered systems (much like my own though I can still see the majority of the perdy stuff) and even though the graphics are a bit dated I don't have a problem with them. Hell sometimes I even find myself just watching the surrounds as I fly around Azeroth just because of how beautiful it all is. My wish isn't so much that we have realistic trees or the likes. What I would like see changed is character customization.

In CoH my greatest fun wasn't beating the crap out of badly dressed villains crawling in back alleys, no sir, it was the sheer amount of customization that you could do to your avatar in just the basic character building that made me the happiest. Now you couldn't make them look exactly like what you wanted but you could come pretty close and all in all that make the toon feel more like it was YOURS than just a carbon copy of everybody else running around in game. That said I know all the things you could do in character design in that game couldn't really work in WoW. It's not like expect them to fire the guy that makes the super large shoulders on the tier or the people that insist on making the horrid looking hunter and paladin gear in the game. Its the naked toon options I really wanna see more done with. I want tattoos. I want scars. I want more than 5 hair styles and colors. I want to walk out into dalaran and not see 15 people that look exactly like me. I don't roll play in WoW but if I did maybe I would want a toon that was missing an eye or something of the sort. Hell at least give me the ability to change Tauren hair color and fur color separately or let me chose more than 3 faces for my troll. I might even let the fact I never got my dance studio I was promised go if I could give Edy tattoos.

Yes my desire is pure vanity but so what? I am sure many people feel like myself and would like to have their toons be a bit more personalized to their tastes. Its bad enough everybody wears the same armor but I think if you let players choose whats under the armor with more freedom. I wouldn't even ask for body type changes (though they would be nice). I know we have little chance of seeing these things but its something I would love to see happen one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment